As a Toddler Teacher at La Mère Academy, you will help young minds explore, discover, and understand the world around them.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of each child.
La Mère Academy is a private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infants through elementary-aged school-age children.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at La Mère Academy and the local, state, or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children.
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore, and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Love of small children
- Friendly, enthusiastic demeanor, strong work ethic, cooperative team spirit, highly professional and dependable
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.