Dear La Mère Academy families,
La Mère Academy is diligently monitoring recent news regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there are no cases or suspected cases within the area currently, we want to ensure the most up-to-date information regarding how Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting our school.
As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to monitor the situation, we are continuing to follow the guidance of our local, state, and federal health agencies to keep our community informed and healthy.
La Mère Academy is enforcing the CDC’s guideline that anyone returning from out of the country after February 3, 2020, must remain self-quarantined for a 14-day period. As a school, we are supporting these efforts by not allowing students or staff members returning from traveling to enroll or return to school until after their required quarantine.
Regarding school closures, we will be following the Leander ISD school closing decision.
Health officials are recommending the best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is the same measures we take to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold or the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds while singing “ABC” song.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Replace handshaking with a wave or elbow bump (similar to fist bump but with elbow)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with the unwashed hand
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your elbow (like a vampire), completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs
- Stay at home while you are sick
- Call and inform the school of any confirmed virus diagnosis
La Mère Academy follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or higher, or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom-free for twenty-four (24) hours, without the use of medications.
Again, there have been no reported cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the La Mère Academy area at this current time. The school is dedicated to monitoring and communicating the most up-to-date information. We will continue to remind children and staff of everyday actions they can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. In addition, we will continue to work with our custodial services to maintain a clean learning environment for our children enrolled and staff.